A quick search online is going to reveal that there are a number of options when it comes to proxy scraper software and that in itself is going to provide you with a problem. The problem that you will have is that you need to spend some time getting to grips with the software that is out there and to decide if it is going to be suitable for your needs.
However, at the same time your own life can be made easier just by taking some time to read what others have said regarding the scraper software in advance and to basically go along with what they have concluded. Keeping that in mind, these are four different scraper software tools that you may wish to consider using in order to get that information from different websites.
GSA Proxy Scraper.
The GSA Proxy Scraper is a pretty cool piece of kit that is certainly going to make your life a whole lot easier. This is a Windows based tool and what it is designed to do is to scrape and then test thousands of proxies in order to find those that are both working and pretty much suitable for your needs.
This software trawls the Internet for different providers and it does so in next to no time so there is limited hanging around waiting for it to deliver a list of potentially useful proxies to you. Furthermore, it also has its very own in-built Port Scanner and this can make a real difference to the proxies that you are able to get access to. Basically, it can pick up on those proxies that are a bit more hidden and that means you can get a real advantage over other users of different tools that do not have this function.
In addition, you are also able to add in tags for your searches so that certain proxies from certain locations are ignored or to uncover those that are set up to work with certain websites that you wish to target. This is just going to help you to find those proxies that are best suited to your needs.
There are of course various other features with this tool but they can be summed up as follows:
- It has an extremely powerful proxy harvester.
- It will test proxies automatically for you so you know that they work.
- You can add in your own smart tags to get the proxies you are looking for.
- It has easy to use export functions.
- It has support for different settings and uses.
- Filter proxies according to country and IP area.
- Filter according to proxies that are suitable for being used with different tools.
Overall, this is a wonderful tool that can really generate results in a short period of time.
Another option is GatherProxy and once again this is a piece of software that is capable of really delivering some pretty fantastic results in a short space of time.
This tool can, in theory, generate a list of over a million proxies and they do so from their very own lists so that does provide you with a certain sense of security. The tool is very easy to set up and it runs at breakneck speed so there is no real sense of you hanging around and waiting for the list to appear before deciding what you are going to do. However, even though the creators themselves state that the tool is quite small in size, it is certainly not small in stature and that is because of it containing the following features.
- It scrapes over 300 websites for proxies and it does this on a daily basis.
- It updates its list daily so you have the latest proxies provided to you.
- It offers custom leeching options to find you more links with proxies.
- It even checks for Google passed proxies.
- You are unable to install the tool so it saves space even though it runs perfectly.
- It has a URL expression feature so you can scrape information from different sources.
It may not be the most complex of scraper tools but it can certainly offer you some rather useful information at the same time.
If you are at all familiar with the concept of using scraper software, then you are going to have heard of Scrapebox. To say that this is seen as being the market leader within this field is probably not an understatement and at the same time that is because it is often able to really generate results as well as not being that complex to work.
Their proxy harvester has a number of different features that you are going to really find to be useful as it not only finds the proxies to start off with but it will also then test them for you as well saving you a whole lot of time. However, the best way to determine if this is the correct software for you is to just look at the key features and begin to think about how easy it is going to make life for you.
- Filter the proxies by country so you can end up with a list of those that are only linked to the countries that you want.
- Filter according to port so you can further increase the chances of you only getting proxies that are suitable for your tools and needs.
- Filter according to the speed so you are able to decide on the speed of proxy that you are looking for according to your needs.
- You can classify the sources to make sure that they are compatible with the websites that you plan on scraping.
- You can save the results making it easier for you to then go back to them later.
- There are multi-thread connections allowing you to get more results in a shorter period of time.
Scrapebox is known for producing quality tools and their proxy harvester is certainly no exception to the rule.
Paigham Bot Proxy Scraper & Checker Pro.
The name may be a bit of a mouthful, but the most important thing is that this tool is going to help you to not only scrape proxies online but to also check their status before you go ahead and conjure up any kind of a plan as to how to then use them.
What this software can do is to provide you with fresh lists of thousands upon thousands of proxies on a daily basis meaning you can then spread your activities across a wider range of IP’s making it less likely that your scraping activities will then be discovered. Also, one of their main points to focus on is the way in which they test the proxies that they come across because they believe that their methods will only ever provide you with proxies that can deliver on what they promise.
Furthermore, there are other interesting features that you should look at taking into consideration when looking at buying this tool.
- Check to see if the proxies that are being scraped are able to be used for a variety of websites including the likes of Facebook, YouTube and a whole host of others.
- It can check to see if there is a captcha involved in using the proxy or websites as this is going to then make life so much easier for you to run the scraper without encountering any difficulties.
- It will check if the port is on a blacklist which would then impede your ability to go ahead and run the scraper in the first place.
This tool is perhaps not the most advanced out there on the market, but what it does do is it provides you with a substantial list of proxies that you are then free to put to good use at any point. It takes pretty much just minutes for the software to trawl those hundreds of websites before presenting you with the proxies that are available for use at that time.
There are of course other proxy scraper software out there, but the four that have been covered above are certainly a cut above the rest when it comes to the features that they offer and also their ability to generate results like never before. It is entirely your call as to which one you opt for but you can rest assured that any of these four options will tend to be able to do what you want and will certainly not be a waste of any investment that you may make with this side of your business.
Look at the different options and then test them out first thanks to the way in which it opens up so many different possibilities. You might even wish to consider using more than one tool at a time in order to increase the possibilities that you then see before you.